The gold finger PCB refers to a row of square pads arranged at equal intervals, with exposed copper gold plating. Mostly used for electrical connection pins for connection of boards, LCD connections, motherboards, chassis, etc., because a thin layer of gold is plated on its copper foil nickel plating layer.
Gold finger: (Gold Finger or Edge Connector) Insert one end of the PCB circuit board into the connector card slot, and use the pin of the connector as the outlet for the external connection of the circuit board. To achieve the purpose of conduction, the pad or copper skin of the PCB is plated with nickel gold, which is called a gold finger because it is in the shape of a finger. The reason for choosing gold is because of its superior conductivity and oxidation resistance. But because the cost of gold is extremely high, it is only used for local gold plating such as gold fingers.
Gold finger Circuit board board classification and recognition features
Categories of gold finger classification:
1. Conventional gold finger (flush finger);
2. Segmented cheat (intermittent cheat);
3. Long and short gold fingers (ie uneven gold fingers).
Goldfinger circuit boards of different lengths
1. Conventional gold finger (flush finger): The rectangular pads of the same length and width are neatly arranged at the edge of the board. The following picture shows: network cards, graphics cards and other types of physical objects, there are more gold fingers. Some small boards have fewer gold fingers ;
2. Segmented gold fingers (intermittent gold fingers): rectangular pads with different lengths located on the edge of the board, and disconnected in the front section;
3. Long and short gold fingers (ie uneven gold fingers): rectangular pads with different lengths located on the edge of the board.
Gold finger recognition method for PCB circuit board
Features: No character frame and label, the conventional is solder mask opening entirely. Most of the shapes have grooves. The gold finger part protrudes from the edge of the board, or near the edge of the board. some PCB circuit boards only have single-sided gold fingers. Some circuit board gold fingers have a wide single finger and other characteristics.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.