Various factors affecting the price of a PCB board
1. Different materials used in PCB cause price diversity
As an example of ordinary double-sided PCB board, the sheet material generally has FR4 (Shengyi, Kingboard, GDM, three kinds of prices from top to bottom), the board thickness ranges from 0.2mm to 3.0mm, and the copper thickness varies from 0.5oz to 3oz All of these have caused a huge price difference in terms of sheet material; in terms of solder resist ink, there is also a certain price difference between ordinary thermosetting ink and photosensitive green ink.
2. Different PCB surface treatments cause price diversity
Common ones are: OSP (antioxidation), Hot air leveling, lead-free hot air leveling(environmental protection), gold plating, immersion gold, and some combined processes, etc., the more expensive the above process.
3. The price diversity caused by the difficulty of PCB itself
Both types of circuit boards have 1000 holes, one board with a hole diameter greater than 0.2mm and another board with a hole diameter less than 0.2mm will form different drilling costs; if the two circuit boards are the same, but the line width and distance are different All species are greater than 4mil, and one species is less than 4mil, which will also cause different production costs; secondly, some designs that do not take the ordinary board process flow are also charged, such as half-holes PCB, buried blind holes PCB, via in pad PCB, buttons Plate printing carbon ink.
4. Different copper foil thickness causes price diversity
Common copper and platinum thicknesses are: 18um (1 / 2OZ), 35um (1OZ), 70um (2OZ), 105um (3OZ), 140um (4OZ), etc. The thickness of the above copper foil is more and more expensive with thicker thickness.
5. Customer's quality acceptance standard
Commonly used are: IPC2, IPC3, enterprise standard, military standard, etc., the higher the standard, the higher the price.
6. Mold fee and test fixture
(1) Mold cost, if the model and the small batch are generally used in the milling and milling shape of the board factory, there will be no additional milling edge fee.
(2) Test fixture: the PCB prototypes generally adopts flying probe test, and the mass production charges a test fixture.
7. The price difference caused by different payment methods
The shorter the payment time, such as cash payment, the price will be lower.
8. Order quantity / delivery
(1) The smaller the quantity, the more expensive the price is, because even if you are doing 1PCS, the PCB factory has to do the engineering information and toolings.
(2) Delivery time: The data delivered to the PCB factory must be complete (GERBER data, the number of layers of the board, the laminate, the thickness of the board, what the surface treatment, the ink color, the character color, and some special requirements must be written clearly).
It is not difficult to see from the above discussion that the diversity of PCB processing prices has its inherent inevitable factors. This article can only provide a rough price range for reference. Of course, the specific price is still directly contact with the PCB manufacturer.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.